Chocolate Covered Dates
Chocolate covered dates are perfect for desert as they are both sweet and full of digestive fibres at the same time. They also taste great with coffee
What You'll Need
200 grams of semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
20-25 pitted dates
toasted almonds (or walnuts or pistachios)
coconut flakes to garnish
You will need a skewer and parchment paper.
How to Make It
- First, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. After dipping your dates in chocolate, you will place them on the sheet to set.
- Stuff each date with the nut of your choice. Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl for about 3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Using a skewer, dip each date in chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to fall off by carefully rotating the skewer. Place dipped date on parchment and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Repeat with remaining dates.
- Allow dates to set in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes before serving.