Apis Soya Chunks Veg Biryani Recipe
- 1 Cup Apis Soya Chunks
- 1 Carrot, 2 Potatoes, 2 Onion, 3 Green Chillies, 1/2 Capsicum, 50gms Beans
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 300 gms Basmati Long Grain Rice
- 1 Ltr Water + 1 Tbsp Salt (FOR BOILING RICE)
- 1 Cup Rice Water
- 2 tsp Kewra water
- 1 Tbsp Ghee+1/2 tsp Biryani Masala
- 100 gms Coriander Leaves
- 50gms Mint Leaves
- 1/3 Cup Curd
- 1/2 Cup Milk + Kesar
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 Black Pepper, 1 Cinnamon Stick, 3 -4 Green Cardamom, 4 Cloves, 1 Bay Leaf
Ingredients to make ground spice mix:
- 1/2 tsp Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Biryani Masala
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Salt
Soya Chunks Veg Biryani Recipe: Method
- Wash and soak the rice and soya chunks in separate bowls for 15 to 20 Min & Cut the Veggies.
- Heat a cooker pan with oil
- Once the fennel seeds starts changing color, add the ginger, garlic, curry leaves, green chilli,
onion and saute until the onion changes to golden brown.
- Then add the tomato, salt and saute until the tomato turns mushy.
- Add all the cut veggies and saute for a minute. Turn the flame to low - medium and then all the powders
(garam masala, red chilli, turmeric, coriander, cumin) and give a stir.
- Add the coriander leaves and mint leaves along with curd and give a stir.
- Add the soya chunks to the mixture. Before adding soya chunks, squeeze out the excess water.
- Finally, add the rice and 1 cup of water. Mix everything together. Close the lid of the cooker and cook for 1 whistle or until the rice is done.
- Wait till the pressure subsides, then open the lid and optionally sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of ghee and transfer to the serving bowl.
- Enjoy Veg Biryani with Raita !