1 medium-sized potato (peeled and cut into wedges)
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 onion chopped
1/2 tsp Apis ginger and garlic paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 3/4 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
A pinch of garam masala
1 tbsp canned tomato paste (or 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes)
A fistful of chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. When the onions turn soft, add the Apis ginger and garlic paste and sauté until fragrant (about 2 mins).
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower to this and cook on lowest heat, covered, mixing now and then so the vegetable pieces don't burn.
- When the vegetables are half cooked, add the tomato paste and mix again. Cook again for 3-4 mins or until the vegetables are soft (not mushy).
- Add the spice powders – coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and chilli powder. Mix again until well combined. Cook until the spice powders don't smell raw anymore – another 2 mins or so. The potatoes and cauliflower should be roasted and dry by now. Add salt.
- Finish off with garam masala and a generous amount of chopped coriander leaves and mix again.
- Aloo Gobi is ready to serve.