• 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) butter, room temperatur
• 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
• 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 large egg
• 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
• 45 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Cornflakes
1. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars using an electric beater for 1-2 minutes or until pale and creamy.
3. Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Sift in flour and baking soda and mix to combine. Add chocolate chips and stir. In a separate bowl, add Cornflakes and crush them slightly using your hands.
4. Scoop balls of dough (roughly 1.5 tablespoons each) and then roll them in the Cornflakes, pressing the Cornflakes into the cookie dough using your hands.
5. Place cookie dough balls onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread out.
6. Bake for approximately 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.