Lemony Tea Cake
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp, salt,
¾ cup fat-free milk
2 bags Apis green tea
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp honey
- In a pan, stir flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Grease cake pan with lightly with flour. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Boil milk in a saucepan and add Apis green tea bags to it. Cover and let steep for 4 minutes. Remove tea bags and discard it by pressing out any liquid from the bags.
- Add butter, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon lemon peel and vanilla essence to the hot milk mixture and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until thick. Then add sugar and continue beating on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture; beat on low to medium speed just until combined. Add milk mixture and beat until combined. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes. Let the cake cool down. Serve with icing on top.